Proper care for your jewelry is an important aspect of ensuring its longevity. While I only use the top polymer clay brands to ensure vibrance, strength, and quality, I highly recommend you take at least these care suggestions while handling your pieces:
- Be gentle with your jewelry (especially detailed pieces) in order to prevent pieces from scratching or breaking. Do not place in pockets or throw in bags.
- Avoid exposure to water, chemicals, and prolonged sunlight.
- This means removing pieces while showering, swimming, exercising, and sleeping.
- And, avoiding contact with cosmetics, perfume, hairspray, etc.
- Lastly, store your clay treasures in a dry, cool, and dark place.
If needed, clay components can be cleaned with a damp cloth or cotton swab.
Metal components can be cleaned with typical jewelry cleaners.
These details apply to all polymer clay pieces sold on my site, including magnets, keychains, pins, and hair clips.
I hope this information allows you to continue to enjoy your pieces for years to come!